Monday, September 14, 2009

A successful quilting day

I got up while Chris was taking his shower to make his sandwich. Then I went back to bed for a little while. I got up hearing Michele's alarmclock. But she was already up and had her headphones on so she didn't hear it. I read my e-mail, took my shower, ate breakfast and packed stuff for the class. Thankfully I had made a list last night. I was expecting 6 students, so I packed enough batting and backing for eight. I grabbed one bag of fabric (out of three) thinking that would be plenty. I also cut up four kinds of cheese to bring for my food contribution. I also packed rulers and cutters. Then I loaded up all the stuff and walked to post. While I was waiting for Pam to pick me up, another lady drove by who happened to be going to my class and offered me a ride. But I waited for Pam. Then when we arrived, a number of people were already there, including new people to take the class. This was a Stork's Nest day and the class was about how to make the baby quilts so they could participate. Well, more ladies showed up than RSVP'd so I didn't have enough batting and backing. I estimate 11 showed up. But they all seemed pleased with their project and even though there wasn't enough of me to go around, other quilters helped them complete whatever step they were on. As each student completed her project, she progessed to helping make baby quilts. Then we all sat down to a potluck lunch. It was very good. We had a good selection of food, not just sweet stuff. We sat around the table and introduced ourselves. I got a call from Col. Hall's office to set up a meeting between the quilt group and the Arts and Crafts Center staff (about the longarm). It is set for Wednesday and I hope we are ready.
Then we packed up all the fabrics, machines and quilts for the day. Everyone said what a good time they had. So I guess it was successful. Afterwards Pam and I dropped off some videos and the trash, and she drove me to my gate. I spent the rest of the evening on e-mail and tapping videos.

No comments: