Monday, April 12, 2010

Another bloomin' day


This week is spring break. Most quilters have kids in school, so attendance today was light. Only five of us showed up. But we had 6 quilt tops waiting to be finished. So we backed them, and tied them and wrapped them up, ready to go to the babies.
Then we had lunch and talked for two hours. Later we packed it all up and headed out. I asked Pam to drop me off at the PX since they called me during quilting to say my old camera was too expensive to fix and I could pick it up. Well, they lied in that they didn't have the camera back from whoever was checking it out. And it took them 15 minutes to figure that out. Then I walked to the post office to mail stuff. I also took a moment to photograph the cherry blossoms on the road to the PX. While clicking away, I heard brass music. SO I headed toward the sound and discovered that 4 trombonists were practicing quartets outside the army band room. I listened for a while and spoke with them a little. On my way home, I stopped at the ACS building to see if I could get permission to hang a quilt and a sign advertising our group. Well, the person in charge wasn't in, so I was told to come back tomorrow and they'd have more info more me. But the chances are good!
I finished my walk home. When Chris got home he had a movie from Netflix called Slumdog Millionaire. Watching that made me glad I don't live in India. For supper he made chicken and brown rice. SO I took a sheet of seaweed, spread the rice and chicken chunks on it, and rolled it up. Basically that is kimbap. Ok, so the rice wasn't that sticky, but it tasted good. Then I cleared out a lot of e-mail. I learned that yawning is really good for you because it improves blood flow to the brain. So go ahead and yawn. Again. Good for you.

No comments: