Friday, April 30, 2010

Fake food, real flowers, and mystery meat


Chris left me the car in the parking lot inside the gate. After completing my morning routine, I took the car to the ACS building where a roomful of people from the thrift shop gathered to read and score scholarship applications. It was tougher than I thought. They had fruit available throughout the morning and then at lunchtime brought in sandwiches. I ate the insides, but not the bread. Then we finished, packed up, and left. I drove Maryann to gate 19. We took the subway to Dongdaemun, looking for stuff to decorate our hats for next week's luncheon. We got flowers, feathers, a bird, butterflies, and lace. I was looking for a quartz crystal, but didn't see any like the ones on the internet, kinda roughly shaped. Then we went to Namdaemun, to the flower market. We bought real and fake flowers. We looked for 00 steel wool, but with no success. I did get shredded squid. I was tempted to get the shredded octopus but it was 50% more expensive. MaryAnn got more stuff for her hat. We sat down in a little restaurant and had a meal and some mystery meat. I think it is an organ but I can't tell you which one. Then we walked back to Maryann's apt, stopping along the way to buy kimbap at her favorite place. Her husband was home, so we talked for hours, and then he drove me to my car in his blue charger. Nice car! I drove home and immediately found a vase for the flowers, a little big, but all the others were way too small. Michele liked the kimbap and said it wouldn't keep, so we ate it all right then and there. I got on my computer to clear e-mail and listen to the audio files, but it went too long and I just quit.

No comments: