Saturday, April 3, 2010

Pre-Easter preparation


Last night after writing to my blog, I saw my seed starter kit. So I soaked the little pellets, and planted tomato seeds in them. Then it was off to bed. In the morning I got up to have breakfast and get ready for the game. We all played with the voices today, but this game was different. Instead of having a team quest, we were all individuals going to a three-day competition. So each person had fight their own battles. That left me time in between to work on my dahlia quilt and the thrift shop banner. Unfortunately the corners were too small (or the dahlia is too big). For the banner I made templates and cut large letters out of white denim. The background is a work in progress. It sounds so simple to satin-stitch the letters on, but in reality moving a LARGE piece of fabric through the machine in all different directions is a recipe for frustration. The game lasted until 5. I started on the backing, and then Chris had supper ready. After supper I cleared some e-mail and tried to finish reading a pdf. When Michele went to bed, I got out the basket and plastic grass. I have one piece of chocolate that looks like a golden nugget. I put that in the basket. It looks like the Easter bunny's version of coal-in-a-stocking. Ha. Then I hid Ferrero Rochet balls all over the living room and its general area. After all I don't have any colored eggs and some traditions must be preserved.

No comments: