Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Volunteer of the Month

Today was the April luncheon for AFSC. I did get my fabric put away just in time to gather my stuff and meet Pam at the gate. We drove to the DHL. We both bought fabric but I got more. In fact I bought 120 yards for our group. During the business part of the luncheon, they announced the Volunteer of the Month. I was gob-smacked (as Tina would say)! Yes, I do a lot of volunteer work, but not for them. But the honor includes having next month's lunch paid for, so I appreciated it. After lunch, we played a game called "Left, Right, Center". It was alright I guess, but I don't care for games of pure chance because you can't get better with practice. When the affair broke up, I carried the 120 yards of fabric over to the SPC. I had to stop many times because the load was so heavy. Then I had to come back and get my personal load. I didn't count it, but estimate it at close to 70 yards. I couldn't carry it over the pedestrian bridge so I put it in Chris' car. Pam drove me to my gate and I walked home to have a real lunch. The luncheon food was very high in carbs so I mostly ate leafy greens and roasted veggies. I needed protein. I scanned my e-mail and changed into shorts. Then Julia called and we agreed to meet after I helped Cathy quilt a QOV. CAthy picked me up at my gate and we proceeded to quilt. We had a major jam, but she was able to get it out. Then Chris picked me up and we drove to gate 17 to get Julia. We brought her here for supper. When she had to leave, Chris and I walked her to the subway station, noting a new restaurant on the corner. I spent the evening listening to interviews that seemed little more than advertisements.

No comments: