Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lots to tell



Today has been quite a day. I actually got ready for the thrift shop early and Chris drove me there. There were a lot of books, but I managed to shelve them and get out before noon. I even had time to go by the post office and mail some charm squares to Australia. Then I walked to the ACS building to listen to Hyon's presentation on Korean's love of nature. She ended it by taking us outside to see what weeds (plants) they dig up to eat. There were two, here is one of them. I didn't know you could eat that. What other weeds am I missing out on?
I went to the ACS office to talk to the lady from yesterday but she was out so a different woman took charge of my case. My original idea was to advertise our group by getting permission to hang a quilt in the ACS building and a proposed space to hang it, then make the quilt, make a card with contact info and then hang it. I figured it was a slow process. Well, I may not have permission to hang a quilt yet, but we do have advertising. The new lady showed me how to make a flyer in power point, turn it into a jpeg file, then post it on the army Facebook website. It has a bunch of hits already! In fact, one of the other army installations is now talking about starting their own quilting group because we have one! We also now have a group webpage on Facebook so I don't have to give out my personal contact info. Gee, I feel like I have really started something.
Then I walked up to Chris' office to get the car. It was cold and seemed to be getting colder. I did see snow flurries earlier, but that didn't continue. I drove to my gate, thinking to have lunch then come back and meet Julia somewhere, but she had been out without a coat and needed to stay home and get warm. So I came home, and worked on e-mail and practiced making flyers in power point. When I got one I really liked, I sent it to the IMCOM webpage and another army related webpage, all on Facebook. Chris and Michele spent the evening working on her chemistry homework.

No comments: