Thursday, April 22, 2010

Stuff


I woke up late and so I got to the thrift shop late. I had to walk because I could not get a hold of Chris. Ironically, we had a lot of books to shelve, and the person with a key locked up early, so I only got two hours of work done before we all left. I bought a hat there to decorate for the 'derby hat' contest next month. Now I just have to find out what a derby hat is. I went to the ACS building to talk to one of two people, but neither of them were available. So I walked home. I started listening to interviews from links in my e-mail, and all too soon, Chris walked in the door. I had no idea it was so late. He discovered that the crock pot he had filled with pork and cabbage was not plugged in, so he had to quick fix something else. I grabbed something from the fridge. I washed the dishes in the sink, then headed out for class. I was expecting a lot of people because of our new presence on Facebook (see YONGSAN QUILTERS), but not that many showed up. However, we practiced cutting 14 inch blocks, stacking them in sets of ten, and cutting them into 8 sections. I showed them how to rearrange each stack, and sew the pieces back together. But few people actually did the sewing. They seemed more interested in talking. We packed up on time and were out the door. I came home and cleared out more e-mail. I discovered from talking to Chris that he is going to the Volunteer of the Year ceremony with me tomorrow. I am not big on ceremonies, but did agree to attend. I want to wear my new blue dress, but have to put in some lace at the neckline, make a belt, and string some blue beads for matching jewelry.

No comments: