Friday, April 2, 2010

Productive day


I tried something new this morning - avocado hair conditioner. I mashed up an avocado, an egg yolk, and some olive oil. I spread it on my hair. 30 minutes is the recommended time, but by the time I got the mixture ready and spread, I only had 10 minutes to spare. The avocado wasn't as ripe as I thought and I had chunks falling off of my head. They were everywhere: on the floor, in the sink, and in my ears. I looked like a mate for the Jolly Green Giant. Then I showered, removing it all. I dressed and met Chris at the gate. He drove me to his office where they were gathering to go to the mushroom restaurant. Ms. Yi helped me learn some Korean. Then we drove to another walk-in gate, and walked to the restaurant. We sat on the floor and they brought us their specialty, cooked in the middle of the table. I had been taught not to leave food behind, so tried to eat my share. But Chris was able to clean up for all of us. I read recently that in Korea if you don't leave some food behind they think you are still hungry and that they were bad hosts and didn't make enough. See the tissue box on the table? It's a joke. What you really need is a roll of papertowels.
Then we walked back. Chris dropped me off at the PX, where I was able to buy an egg coloring kit, and a high-cocoa chocolate bar. I walked to the DHL, and examined the walls for a place to hang a quilt. I did the same thing at the ACS building. My thought is that instead of a quilt show for a day or two, we could hang one quilt, changing it out periodically, with a small sign advertising our group. I just don't know how to make it happen. Anyway, I stopped by the commissary and got coconut milk. When I got home, there were several hour-long interviews in my e-mail. I attempted to listen to all of them, but cut one short. When Chris came home and Michele was still out, we had some alone time. Neither of us were hungry for supper, having had a big lunch. I made a recipe of Healthy Chocolate Peanutbutter Fudge. It uses chopped dates instead of sugar. Instead of commercial peanutbutter, I made my own by washing some mixed nuts and putting them in the blender with a little oil. It also calls for coconut milk, wheat germ and fiber. When I was finished, I tasted it and put the rest in the fridge to harden. It is good because it isn't so sweet that you can't taste the chocolate.

1 comment:

Blakesmommy2008 said...

nice blog! Keep up the good work