Sunday, April 18, 2010

Finishing up


We went to church, heard the sermon about fishing in a new place, then had snacks and fellowship afterwards. The lady who showed me which weeds to eat, did not come this morning. So I asked another Korean lady, and she discouraged me from doing that. She did not trust berry sellers in the subway either. She said the berries could be from China, grown in polluted soil.
After church we went to the commissary for groceries, and took them home. We watched a movie and then I drove back to the Arts and Crafts center to finish the quilt I started yesterday. It took me until almost 6. It was a slow quilt design - lots of detail. But the good news was that I could sit and read while it was doing each row.
I brought a piece of fudge for Cathy but she didn't come because she was feeling dizzy again. When the quilt was finished, I drove to the salon to get my hair cut. The stylist thought I was too young to be getting grey hairs. She guessed I was 34. Ha, ha, ha. Then I went to the Px to pick up my broken camera. They had it wrapped in bubble wrap - too funny. I also stopped at GNC. Then I came home. Chris had fixed bison for supper. It was very good. I checked my e-mail again. I learned about the health benefits of coconut oil. Some people loose weight just by adding it to their diet (and using it instead of other oils). I also tried on the clothes that I got at the thrift shop yesterday. Mostly they fit, even the size 10 pants!
**Here is an azalea that we saw on the way home.**

No comments: