Friday, July 2, 2010

Away from the computer - for awhile


My morning started in sandwich-making mode. I laid down afterward for awhile, listening to the rain. Before breakfast I washed my sprouts and put them in two jars in the fridge. Then I refilled the bag with seeds that had been soaking overnight. I put together my breakfast and sat down at the computer to read e-mail. What DID I do before the internet came along? I don't remember anything Earth-shattering in any of the e-mails - just the usual promises that if I subscribe to one program or another I will be healthier, wealthier, and happier. Delete.
I spent the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon cleaning up because I had a student scheduled for 2pm. Somehow I found myself cutting charm squares. I had started the book Barbara lent me (about making fabric bowls) when Kinjal came at 2, wanting to make a little dress for her daughter. 2 1/2 hours later, it was almost finished, but she had to go home. Michele had left during that time to teach English. That will be a 5 days a week job. I watched the rest of the quilting videos Cathy lent me, and had a bite to eat. I went into my sewing room to make a wallhanging to advertise our group, but ended up cutting more charm squares. They can be addicting. I snacked on sprouts off and on during the day. Before blogging, I washed the batch in progress. Good thing I only have to do it twice a day.
**I did not take a pic today, so here is one from the award ceremony on Wednesday**

No comments: