Thursday, July 29, 2010

Still no swimming in the ocean

After my last post, Chris and I went shopping. The farmer's market stand was closed, so I suggested we stop at a store having a 50% off bathing suit sale. Now that I have lost weight, my suits don't fit. Well, the only pretty ones they had were bikinis, and I am not ready for that. We came home empty-handed. The wind was blowing and Olivia wanted to fly my kite on the beach. We had determined that it needed a tail, so I got a pair of socks and sewed one to each of the lower corners with dental floss. Becca lent me a needle. Three of us took the kite down to the beach. Near the water it would fly. We all took turns. And we splashed in the surf. The water was perfect and the jellyfish were few. Why I didn't rush to get my suit on, I don't know. I read for half an hour, then dressed for supper. We went to the Flying Fish. It was dimly lit, but no one seemed to notice. The kids were allowed to draw on the paper table cloth. Michele did an excellent drawing of an apple tree. The drawing thing was incongruous with the rest of the restaurant. It was expensive, and had words on the menu that needed defining. We took a pic of the family outside, and went home. I think we all sat down to read and I fell asleep.
I awoke about 7, and got up when I heard the kids moving around. It was just them and me for awhile. Then William woke up his grandmother when we couldn't find the syrup for his pancakes. One by one others woke up and we each had breakfast. Cecily and the kids went to the beach. I stayed behind to read and to see if many people went in the ocean. They did not so I assumed that it was cold, or there were jellyfish. Turns out the water was cold. Chris and I went shopping again. This time the farmers stand was open. The tomatoes were $3 a pound, and most were soft. Still, I figured they would be better than store-bought tomatoes. We stopped at the bagel shop, and at Food Lion for milk, oatmeal, and strawberries. After we got back, it was lunchtime, we all ate as we desired. Cecily and Chris made a batch of strawberry ice cream and one of chocolate with Heath bars in it. Again I sat down to read and fell asleep. Now it is 4, the tide is changing and I want to see if the water has warmed up. I hear it may rain soon.

1 comment:

Crissie said...

Fun Blog..

http://milasdaydreams.blogspot.com/

Crissie