Monday, July 19, 2010

Using leftovers

Got a call from Cathy while getting ready for quilting meeting. She wanted a ride. So I picked her up on my way. Judy was waiting for us. Since there were only the three of us, we sat and chatted, discussed future projects, had show-and-tell. Two others arrived and we started setting up machines, cutting mats, and ironing boards. I had two bindings cut, and after they were ironed, I sewed them on to two QOV's. Carina and Kim started hand-stitching one binding while I sewed on the second one. We took a break for lunch. I brought sprouts and cheese, others came with bean salad, bagels, chips, guacamole, and cookies. We finished up and packed up. I drove Kim to her house, then went to the thrift store to drop off a staple gun for Deb. She had already left so I left it for her. I talked to MaryAnne for awhile, almost thoroughly distracting her from whatever she was doing when I walked in. Geri gave me one of the broken pricing guns to take home and fix. I had to leave, so I went home. I had something to eat that would have spoiled, packed some spinach in kimchi juice, and then it was computer and e-mail time. Later Chris came home to fix supper. Mostly leftovers. I went back to my computer and read that Faye intended to Skype me from her hotel (on vacation) at 9. I called her at 8:55. Unbelievably we spoke for 2 hours. Of course she wasn't alone: I also talked to my mom, dad, and brother. Then I finished the interview I was listening to while handsewing binding on a wallhanging. Now its time for blog and bed.

No comments: