Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I learn some new things

I awoke rather suddenly at 5:45 chilled to the bone. It had been too hot to wear a nightgown but cooled off during the night. I pulled up the sheet and snuggled close to Chris. But soon he got up to take his shower and I got up to make his sandwich. I went back to bed and had three dreams. I must have awoken after each one in order to know that. Then I got up, had breakfast, skimmed e-mail, packed my stuff for the day. I put some seaweed and squid in a container for lunch. Michele came on post with me so she could check on the cat. I also had to drop off a quilt top with Cathy at the longarm. Finally I made it to the thrift shop. There was hardly anyone there, but plenty of books and DVD's. I thought I would finish but we stopped for lunch and got to talking. Mrs. Chung told me where I could buy freshly dried squid cheaply. I found a book on Korean sign language. At two I had to leave to help Cathy at the longarm. But she was finished with the QOV and started other stuff. I helped a little but there wasn't much for me to do. Then Jane came over with my machine and her grandson. She thought we could go to my apartment to see my rag rugs. Judy was there and wanted to be dropped off at the DHL, so we did. Then we went to my place. It was interesting making the trip with a stroller. She got to see all my works of art, and the baby didn't get into too much. Then I walked her back, in my barefeet. That amused the guards no end. Jane was going to take the bus, but my car was nearby so I drove her. Then I went up to MP hill to sit under a tree for a nature break. See pic. After 5:30, I headed home. Chris had a chunk of pork in the crock pot and it smelled wonderful. Michele came home quite a bit later. I got on my computer to finish e-mail and post announcements for the group. I made a quote into a sig file, which I have never done before. Nothing fancy though. Later I took a break to have Michele fill in some of the words in the KSL book. We got to giggling over the signs we didn't know but seemed to be telling a story. Chris seemed worried about our sanity.

No comments: