Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Take your husband to work" day


Chris had today off as well, because it was 'suggested' by his department head. He set his alarm for nine. We got up, showered, and had breakfast. Then we (the three of us) went to post to re-new our ID's since they expire in August. We also applied for new ration cards. Chris and Michele went to his office to make an appointment to renew Michele's passport. I walked to the thrift shop. On the way I met Kim and Mary waiting for Leslie at the DHL. They were going to go to Dongdaemun. I knew all three of them, but none of them knew each other so meeting up was interesting.
Anyway, there were a lot of books and videos to shelve. While I was shelving, Chris and Michele showed up. Then Maryanne's husband Bob, came also. Chris picked out some videos, then they left. Bob went back to work. At almost 2, I called Chris for a ride home. When he showed up, Bob was back. So I figured it must be 'bring your husband to work' day. I bought the videos and some fabric. Then we went home. The movies we bought can only be returned if they are scratched, and only on the next open business day. So I told Chris we had to watch them all FAST. We got through three of them today: Romancing the Stone, Jewel of the Nile, and Animal House. Michele had to leave for awhile to teach English. She missed Jewel of the Nile. I took breaks to vacuum, cut squares of fabric, and organize recyclables. But mostly we just watched movies.

No comments: