Saturday, July 10, 2010

Is having a lot of cash a bad thing?

Got up at 8 to have my pre-breakfast supplements, then ate at 9. At 9:45 I took Chris's car to post to pick up mine, then drove to gate 19 to meet several people going to Dongdaemun. They were late so I stood in the grass barefoot, waiting. When they arrived, we took the subway to the Dongdaemun fabric market. While at the Happy Quilt place, several other ladies from the Thursday night class showed up. I spent so much time helping the others pick fabrics that I hardly had time to pick for myself. Actually I wasn't, I was making up kits for the next quilt class for people who come without fabric or come with unsuitable fabrics. And I got some Veggie Tales fabric. I seem to remember someone likes them. Mr. Kang was generous as usual. In addition to free fabric, he gave us energy drinks. We walked here and there. Lilli showed me a place where she got dots for $2 a yard. Then they had to leave, but I stayed to wander, even though I was heavily loaded down by then. Finally I walked in to the Moda guy's shop. His wife asked me why I came alone. I had to tell her that everyone else spent all their money and went home. Needless to say I got more fabric there. I took one of my purchases and wrapped it around the strap of my bag to pad it. Finally I took the subway home, too. It crossed my mind to stop at Namdaemun, but I had too much already. When I got back I decided to find some grass and a tree to sit under. But MP hill was full of birthday parties, so I went in back of Chris' office. That was full of ants, so I sat on a chair with my shoes off and read a book. That was my nature break for today. Chris had supper cooking when I got home. Then he wore me out and next thing I knew we had company for supper. He made vegetarian lasagna, and apple crisp. I had some kimchi too. Romaric brought some asian pears, so we had one of those too. While the three of them played, I cut corners off my new purchases and got them ready to be washed. I did not put them in the washer because using the dryer would let in the mosquitoes, and I don't want the fabrics sitting wet all night. Then I got on my computer to catch up on e-mail and write to my blog.

No comments: