Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sad news

After supper yesterday, we saw a kite flying. So we went to the beach to fly my kite, but it wouldn't stay oriented upright. It needed a tail. We spent some time in the surf, but didn't go very far on account of the jellyfish. Probably dead, but still painful if encountered. We came in as it was getting dark. I settled next to Chris on the couch to read, and soon fell asleep. Later he woke me long enough to go to bed.

I awoke as light was coming into the room. I wanted to see the sunrise but it seemed like I had missed it. I got up anyway. I looked out over the ocean, first from the window, then from the porch. The sun was obscured by clouds, and a group of people were standing directly on the beach in front of me, watching. I expected the sun to come up above the clouds, but when it finally came in sight it was just above the horizon. I hadn't missed it after all.
I went back to bed to await the rising of the rest of the family. Then we all had breakfast and went to the beach. Actually they went without me. I stayed behind to glue my shoe. It involved waiting so I got on Chris' computer to check my e-mail.
I got a message from my cousin saying that her father had passed away. It saddened me greatly even though it was not unexpected. I told Chris and Becca, then went to the beach to tell Cecily. We sat there for awhile together. After 11 we came in because the sun was getting hot. I was wearing a shirt over my suit so I wouldn't burn any more. But my feet got red. And blue. I must have stepped on some blue gummy stuff and it got caught under my toes. Becca sat on the floor making jewelry. I showed her the necklace that I made that kept coming apart. She re-strung it for me and put clasps on it. Then we had lunch, discussing for the nth time what to have to supper for the rest of the week, and then I shaved my legs and took a shower. Good bye blue. Becca made Michele a couple of hair pins. She is very talented. Then we each retired to our books and computers, except for Cecily who taught the kids to tie shoe laces, and helped them work on their handwriting. I expect some of us will be making a grocery run later this afternoon and we will be going to the Flying Fish for supper.
*Isn't this what you would be doing at the beach?*

No comments: