Sunday, July 4, 2010

Fourth of July

Chris got up at 3am to play in an online game. He came to bed at 8 and we got up for church at 9. I know we got up at 9, but I take his word for the rest. I evidently slept through it all. We were slightly late for church. There were few cars in the lot and I wondered if the pastors had taken the day off. Chris joked that maybe WE were supposed to give the sermon today. Ha, ha. The sermon was about sending Jesus' followers out without sandals or a change of clothing. After church we had the usual snacks and a flag inspired cake. Even the flowers were patriotic. We made our usual stop at the commissary. Michele helped us carry the groceries up to our apartment. Then I had the breakfast I didn't have time for this morning. We amused ourselves with our computers, then at 4 went to the on-post theatre to see Knight and Day. It was VERY good. Tom Cruise has been working out, and they didn't miss a chance to show him with his shirt off. Oh, yes, and lines and plot were good, too. Leftovers were for supper. I had sprouts and natto, and an egg. And frozen blueberries for dessert. Fireworks were sheduled for 9, but they started early. I took the elevator to the top floor (18th), and then walked up the steps and stood by the window in the stairwell. By pressing my right cheek against the glass I could see the fireworks on post.
They were at eye level, which is kind of a first. I resisted looking down as the perspective made my knees weak. It was stuffy in there and I would have opened the window if it weren't so high. When the fireworks were over, I walked back down to the 6th floor. I decided to watch a video while sewing together some squares I laid out for a wallhanging. It was About Schmidt starring Jack Nicholson. I can't recommend it. When it was over I discovered Chris had gone to bed. So now it is my turn.

No comments: