Thursday, July 15, 2010

BIG CLASS


I got up about 8, and tried to finish the project from yesterday, but the daylight wasn't right. So I cleaned up a little in there in preparation for having a student in the afternoon. I had breakfast with e-mail, and Faye Skyped me. Apparently she sent me a Skype message yesterday but I did not get it. Then I grabbed my Thursday stuff (plus lunch) and headed to the thrift shop. Michele came along to be dropped off to check on the cat. I was early to the thrift shop but not early enough to get the extra hour I need to earn store credit for the month. It wouldn't be a problem if I weren't going on vacation next week. I shelved all the books and videos. They let me mark many of the Gameboy and PS 2 games to $1. Thank goodness because we have way too many. Tina (who is PSCing) had dropped off some household liquids and stuff that had to be left behind. We all got a share. I took vinegar and WD 40. At 2 I had to head out for home. I quickly put away the fabric still on the my sewing table to be ready for my student. She wanted to make a pair of shorts, and brought three pairs. Well, silly me chose the basketball shorts to copy. They turned out way too big. And she didn't finish them, which is a shame because I will be gone for three weeks. Anyway, after she left, I got back on my computer to skim e-mail, and then back to the sewing room to choose fabrics for tonight's class. I ate a hard-boiled egg and some kimchi and sprouts. I talked with Chris for a bit while he made supper, and then I headed out for class. Maryanne came early to help me set up tables and machines. People trickled in. A lot showed up for the sampler class. We had to go for more tables. I got some red fabric and some blue to cut into binding strips at home. We signed up new people. No one needed to buy fabric, so I ended up bringing it home again. Oh well, more for my stash. Chris met me in the parking lot on post. He picked up the machine I had lent out (which had just been returned) and brought it home for me. Good thing too, because I almost put fabric in it's space in the closet! I spent the rest of the night on the computer reading the links attached to e-mails.
**Having forgotten to take pics today, I grabbed one of Chris' medal and the flowers he got**

No comments: