Saturday, July 17, 2010

Too tired to talk (until the next morning)


Made this today with Cathy at the AnC center. Can you read the middle?

I slept in because it was raining, a lot. Joan called while I was piecing batting strips together. She was at gate 17 and was supposed to meet Mrs. Chung at Gate 10. But she didn't have Mrs. Chung's number. Well, neither did I but I called around for her, and didn't get any reply. When she heard this, she went home. But later I was able to get Mrs. Chung's number and I let her know what happened. Mrs. Chung seemed disappointed that Joan wasn't coming to the thrift shop. I finished my batting strips, and some other work in my sewing room, then Cathy called to say she was done on the long arm in case I wanted to use it. So we made plans to meet after a movie to quilt a wallhanging to advertise our group and the longarm services. Michele wanted to check on the Lund's cat, so we all drove on post, and Chris dropped me off at the thrift shop. I was able to put in two hours before Cathy called. Then I walked to the AnC center to meet her. Took us about 2 hours to plan and quilt the little wallhanging but it came out nicely. In the middle it says "I love my Statler". I waited in the rain for Chris to pick me up. Now it really feels like monsoon season. Chris made macaroni and cheese for Romaric, our vegetarian friend. We had supper, and then while they role-gamed, I tried to pick a binding fabric for the wallhanging. I narrowed the choices and decided to wait for daylight to make my final selection. Then I turned my attention to re-organizing my fabric closet. Before I finished, I ran out of energy and had to lay down. There were no sheets on the bed, and Chris and Michele came in later to make it. I was too tired to write my usual blog post, so I just posted the picture and went to bed.

No comments: