Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good use of fabric?


It was a morning to sleep in, but I got up before nine. Chris still had his sandwich from Friday. I planned to sew, but got hooked on the internet during breakfast. I had a lot of e-mail to clear out AND some nuts and berries to order. It irked me that they wanted $38 to ship them to the APO. So I had the stuff sent to my parents house where I can get it later this month. Also, I read that sprouted almonds are even better than raw almonds. Somehow the nutrition is more bioavailable. All you have to do is soak them for 24 hours. Speaking of soaking, my sprouts were ready so I put them in jars in the fridge. I let the bag dry out and will start another batch tomorrow. I really feel better now that they are in my diet.
In the afternoon I did get into my sewing room. I put borders on the quilt top I started 15 years ago. Then I pulled out a piece that I bought at the OTHER fabric market. They had large prints, and this one was a stripe. So I cut it into swiss cheese and made a bordered hexagon. That is all I got out of a yard of fabric. I must think of something to add out of the scrappy pieces left over.

No comments: