Sunday, August 15, 2010

Adventure on the bus


I woke up at 4, and decided to process e-mail because it is a quiet activity. I crawled back in bed about 8, but couldn't sleep. We took showers, had breakfast and got dressed for church. You'd think I'd be on time since I got up at 4am, but the Thai food from yesterday hit at 9:30. So we were sneaking in behind the minister at the 10am service. There weren't many people and we got tagged to collect the offering. We had the usual snacks after church, and a box of doughnuts brought by the dentist! Is he trying to drum up some business? We then drove to gate 19. From there we walked to E-Mart for natto and eggs. I noticed that they carry organic eggs, and free-range eggs. 10 of those are the same price as 30 of the regular. Maybe next time I will get the organic ones. We also looked for kefir. It might be there, but we couldn't identify it. We came back to post and drove to the commissary. We did our weekly shopping. I noticed that they now have organic milk. We came home. After putting the groceries away, I got on the computer to order kefir grains to make my own kefir. Julia called and wanted to meet, so we set up a time to meet at 'Roofers'. I knew which bus to take because I had ridden it home from Itaewon one night. But it seems that the bus heading toward Itaewon is the wrong one. I should have caught the one heading away. I found myself going over the river, to Seoul Arts Center and then to the aTcenter and finally stranded in front of the bus yard. It was nice to know where the bus went since it is not on the bus website. BUT, I found out the hard way. Thankfully, ten minutes later, another bus of the same number left the yard with me on it. It retraced the route of the previous bus. I was tempted to get off at home. But I stayed on and it did finally turn around and go to Itaewon. Whew! I could have walked there much faster than taking that bus! I did meet Julia at 'Roofers'. Neither of us were impressed. So we left. We did some window shopping. She had been to Hongkong and had some clothes made. She wanted to compare prices with Seoul, and Seoul was higher. Then we sat in a coffee shop and talked for awhile. She was tired and not feeling well, so we said goodbye. This time I walked home. No bus for me. Chris had supper on the stove. It smelled so good that I ate some even though it was 9 and I wasn't that hungry. After the food was put away, I spent some more time reading e-mail and following links. I learned that fermented foods help you get more nutrition out of the foods you eat. For a discussion of making fermented foods, check out justmakingnoise.blogspot.com.
*Roofers wasn't impressive, but the view was.*

No comments: