Monday, August 23, 2010

Got my license renewed.


Got up at 6 to make a sandwich, then got on the computer for awhile before going back to bed. I thought I might make a habit of not going back to bed, but it gets harder every day. I had breakfast and grabbed a jar of bean salad and a hard boiled egg for lunch. Then I caught the post-run bus to the chapel for quilting. I was the first person there. I started setting up and then Carla came, followed by Cathy and Shirley. Some of us worked on baby quilts, and I worked on QOV blocks. We broke for lunch. Then I went back to work to trim the blocks I'd made. Carina stopped by to see if we had any QOV to wash, and we didn't. So she helped pack up (even though I wanted to continue working). Cathy gave me a ride to the ACS building where I tried to renew my USFK driver's license. Luckily I did not have to re-take the test, but I did have to produce evidence that Chris extended his term of service. So I walked over to his office and he gave me the paper. I wanted to take the car back, but he did not want me to drive even that little way with an expired license. So he drove me over there, I re-newed my license (no one in line), then he drove me to our gate. I walked home. I had some fermented yogurt, which seems to get better all the time. I fed it another can of coconut milk. Also checked on my sprouts, and they are coming along. I read through some quilting magazines that were left behind at the meeting, and then went into my sewing room to do a baby quilt kit that I'd brought home. Chris came home and we had the bean stew for supper. He also brough me packages. My static-resistant fabric and grounding fabric came, along with a multimeter. (I just have to figure out how to use it). I got back on the computer and was listening to a 7.8 MH recording when Faye skyped me. We talked for some time before I had to sign off. It was morning for her, but I have to go to bed.
*While at the South Post chapel I walked into the sanctuary and saw the stained glass window. I had never noticed it before.*

No comments: