Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another day spent looking into healthier eating

I got up early to make Chris' sandwich. The bread was still in the breadmaker from last night. Not being refrigerated, it didn't cut well. But it will tomorrow. I took my pre-breakfast supplements and got on the computer. I continued my reading on fermenting foods, and on juicing too. I read that glutamic acid is a natural by-product of fermentation. That means the people who are sensitive to MSG can't eat a lot of it. Hopefully that is not me 'cause I love my fermented coconut milk, and sauerkraut. The thrift shop was supposed to be closed to volunteers today so that MaryAnn could do the end-of-the-month processing. But Ella talked her out of it, so I had to go in. I was late getting there because I took the time I needed to print up a nice placard to go with the wallhanging that I placed in ACS yesterday. Also, I had trouble with the flaxseed. I tried the nutchopper this morning. First, it was dirty and had to be thoroughly washed and dried. Secondly, it was better than the grinder, but still took way too much time and effort. I also had trouble with the chia seeds that I soaked since they turned gelatinous, like frog eggs.
Anyway, I got to the thrift shop about 11:30, arriving in the rain, but not soaked. I got all the books shelved, and DVD's, games, videos, etc. I even ate lunch there (which I brought myself). At 2:30 I left for the ACS building. I replaced the handwritten card with the printed one, which looked so much better. Then, as I was walking away, Lori stopped to ask me if I wanted a ride. Even better, she was going to the commissary. What a blesing! So I went along and got vegetables to juice. I just happened to see that they now sell raw young coconuts! Wow! I also got organic soy milk to ferment. When I got home, I put it in a box with a heating pad and a towel. I will let it sit over night. Everything else I put in the fridge. I tried to find a good juicing recipe on-line because I don't want to make too much. You should drink it all right after you make it. Chris came home and reheated the pork for supper. I ate it with rice and sauerkraut. They had some banana bread too. I sat down after supper to finish off the Ken-Ken puzzles. Then I found a stack from months ago, and did a few of them too, until my eyes complained. I ended my day with the computer. What would I do without Google?
*Here is a pair of pants I saw at the thrift shop. Someone put $15 on it.*

1 comment:

Gwenda said...

I'm thinking that's one pair of pants that won't sell.