Friday, August 20, 2010

A good book can take up a whole day

I got up just before Chris did. While he was showering, I made his sandwich, and went back to bed. After an hour I got up, fixed the pricing gun that Geri gave me yesterday (luckily it had the same problem as the last one), then got on the computer. I found a tab on Blogger that shows me all the comments that people have posted since I started this blog. There were more than I remembered, and some I hadn't seen. Then as I read e-mail, I came across the Gospel of Thomas. I was able to google that, and read the whole thing. Like the 4 gospels in the Bible, some of it made sense and some didn't. Then I had breakfast and sat down to read a book. It's one of those books that you go on-line to say where you found it, and then you leave it lying around for someone else to find. I read all day, taking a short nap in the afternoon when my eyes got tired. I finished it around 9pm while Chris and Michele were at the movies. Then I went into the kitchen to make sauerkraut. I wasn't going to use the electric slicer so I wouldn't have to clean it, but the knife was too messy. I sliced up two cabbages (one green and one purple), a bag of radishes, an onion, and some orange peel. I salted it and mashed it, and stuffed it in a jar. The remaining space in the jar got filled with a zip baggie of water. I'll check it in three days to see if it worked. I also put in some yogurt that I have been culturing for several days, having added a probiotic to it to ensure that it has live cultures.
I mentioned sun-gazing yesterday. There is man who went 411 days without food by nourishing himself with the sun. Researchers studied him the whole time and couldn't figure it out.

No comments: