Wednesday, August 25, 2010

New ways of farming

I slept in this morning, which means poor Chris had to make his own sandwich. I woke about 8:30. Then the usual morning routine. Since it was cool this morning I decided to knock off the e-mail early to go into my AC-less sewing room. I sewed together the squares that I cut pieces to last night. The water dispenser man came over with his steam gun and cleaned out the innards. Then Chris picked us up at the gate and took us to his office to fill out paperwork for renewing our Sofa stamps. It's a visa thing. We drove ourselves home because he was busy. Actually we stopped off at the Chosun to see what came in the new Phillipines shipment. Michele found a dress and I bought curtains. Back at home, I was on e-mail when I noticed it was almost 5. I called Chris to see if he wanted a ride home, and he said yes. So I drove to his office, but he wasn't finished working. I ended up sitting outside, barefoot, reading a book until after 6. I wore my blue shoes so they'd get wet and loosen up. And they did. It was close to 7 when we got home because we stopped at the commissary for a head of cabbage and some coconut milk. I compared prices on the coconut milk vs organic milk, and may change over due to the difference in price. Anyway, we ate leftovers for supper, and I had some more of my fermenting cabbage. Tastes like I put in too much orange peel. I got back on the computer and read about how Seoul might start vertical farming. I had to look that up on Google. Seems like everything there is an artists rendition of futuristic farming. So I don't know if it is practical yet. But check out window farming with 1.5 liter bottles. It's catching on.

No comments: