Monday, August 16, 2010

Quilting and other stuff

I woke up when Chris' alarm went off at 6. I made him a sandwich and got on my computer to manage e-mail. At 8 I took a shower and had breakfast. I also cut up three kinds of cheese for the shared lunch. I grabbed my stuff and was at the bus stop in time to catch the post-run bus. I figured I'd be a little late for our 9:30 start time, but the bus got me there exactly on time. And I was the first. Cathy came in 5 min later with the keys. For once the floors were clean. The military guys that work at the chapel had been scrubbing them. Yea! Cathy and another lady set up tables while I pulled equipment out of the storage room. A fourth lady came who wanted help learning to use her sewing machine. Cathy had stuff to discuss with me. So, other than ripping some of our bulky masses of fabric into 2 yard sections, I got nothing done. We broke for lunch. I brought cheese, others brought cookies, bagels, and tomatoes. When I asked where our salad people were, someone came up with a vegetable soup, and lettuce and cherries. And I had my backup container of nuts, so it all worked out. Mary brought the tomatoes and didn't want them back, so I was glad to have them. Cathy gave me a ride home. But first we went to the ACS center, but the lady we needed to see had just left for two weeks. Then we dropped off some baby quilts at the hospital. Then home. Needless to say, back to the computer. When Chris came home, he and Michele were planning to see a movie. So I got in the discussion and we went to see "Killers". It was actually a comedy romance with some car chases and bullets. Better than I expected. When we got home, I insisted on taking the stairs, (my only concession to exercise), but barely made it. Then flopped into bed fully dressed, light's out.
I woke up at 5 but stayed in bed until almost 6. I got up then to start with e-mail (which includes following interesting links). When Chris was ready for work, I went with him. I was able to see our tomato patch in back of the office. Those plants look so much better than the one at home, which almost died while we were gone. I drove Chris' car back to the parking lot nearest our apt so I could use it later. I wanted to take a nature break in some grassy area on post, but the grass was wet and there were groups of soldiers doing stretches and sit-ups in it. Yuck. Have I mentioned the cicadas this year? They are deafening. I can hear them from here and the windows are closed.
*Hi Mom, are you able to get e-mail?*

No comments: