Friday, August 27, 2010

My new toys

I got up early to make Chris a sandwich but he told me to go back to bed. I didn't argue. Later he and Michele met for lunch after paying her tuition, so I guess he didn't need a sandwich. I spent most of the day on my computer, first dealing with e-mail, and then researching fermentation procedures. The liquid that escaped the sauerkraut jar turned moldy, like someone's science project. And the fermented coconut milk hasn't done much since I added a can of coconut cream. Maybe the extra fat content slows the fermentation? I also stirred it with a metal spoon, but wooden spoons are preferred. After supper, I played with my new toys. I have a Gauss meter, a multi-meter and a circuit tester. I used the Gauss meter to detect EMF fields around the tv and computer. And apparently the entrance to Michele's bedroom is a hot spot. Either it is something in the apartment below, or there are wires under the floor. Most appliances were not hot until I got very close to them. The TV had the biggest field. Unfortunately, my headphones have a larger field than I would like, and I have to be very close to them to use them. I also determined that the EMF fabric I bought does nothing in the way of reducing the field strength. Now I want to know if it does anything for grounding. But I don't know which of my toys will tell me if my outlets are grounded. Any ideas?

No comments: