Thursday, August 26, 2010

Quilting class

I just realized that it is after midnight. This might be a short post.
Made Chris' sandwich early, then went back to bed. Got up an hour later to check e-mail and have breakfast. Started walking to thrift shop when Rick stopped to offer me a ride. He was driving my car because we lent it to them until they PCS in September. There weren't many books to be shelved, so I had time to check out two sewing machines and price them accordingly. Then Ella asked me to dress a bin full of naked dolls. Surely there must be a girl somewhere who would love such a job. The bag of doll clothing was torn, stretched out, mismatched, etc. They closed up at 2. Chris left me his car parked at the top of the hill behind the P.O. I drove it home to have lunch and prepare for my student. She had started several more handbags, and I helped her work on them and cut linings. After her dad came to pick her up, I went back to the computer for awhile, and ate some supper. Then I took Michele and headed out to pick Chris up, dropping Michele off at Gate 12 by her request. She met a friend to go out to eat. I delivered Chris to our gate, then drove to the SPC for class. I was early (as I intended) so I could work on QOV and baby quilts. I got some done, then people started showing up. Cathy brought everything I needed for class, but then Melanie showed up and taught the class after all. She also wanted to take something home to work on, so I gave her the QOV pieces that I started yesterday. She brought her mother who is staying for a week. I was able to sell a few rulers, but the people who wanted them the most didn't show up. I got two baby quilt tops ironed before class was over. I was going to sandwich one, but the batting and backing were too small. Yikes! Then we cleaned up and went home. I got back on the internet and was researching fermented cheeses and koumiss. I came across a book written in the 1800's with all kinds of 'wisdom', like curing baldness, preserving seeds, making cement, etc. That's what made me stay up so late. Pic tomorrow.

No comments: