Monday, August 30, 2010

Christine and her new baby girl

Got up early to make Chris' sandwich, and used the last of the bread, so I left the breadmaker lid up to remind me to make more bread. I went back to bed. I got up an hour later to get ready for our weekly quilt meeting. I read through my e-mail, had breakfast, showered, cut up some cheese for lunch, added nuts to my small container that I keep on hand in case I get hungry. I also soaked some seeds for sprouting, and some for eating tomorrow. Finally I grabbed the wallhanging and cut some pieces of an old file folder to make a sign - later. I ran over to post to catch the bus to the South Post Chapel. Cathy had arrived just ahead of me, but I had the keys that she left on Thursday night. We started setting up and others came along to help. We worked on baby quilts today. But for some reason the tops were bigger than the batts and backings. That hasn't happened before. We solved the problem by cutting a strip off of the top and sewing it to the backing. Looks pretty good, not like we ran out of fabric. At 1 we broke for lunch. Several ladies had lunch dates with their husbands because today is a training holiday. So there weren't many of us for lunch, and only Shirley and I brought food. I brought cheese and she brought deviled eggs, so I added my emergency nuts to the table. After we ate, we put all our supplies away. Cathy dropped me off at the ACS building. Even though the director still wasn't in, the acting director let me hang my wallhanging. I wrote out a card to pin to it, promising myself that I would print up something nicer on my computer later. Then I walked to the theatre to get a new schedule, and then to the thrift shop. Poor Mrs. Chung was by herself at the register. I met Christine who came in with her new baby (and assorted adult family members). I even saw Jade's father in the electronics room. I did not find a nut chopper there as I had hoped. Sure I ordered one through the mail, but it is no better than a pepper mill. Would take all morning to grind a Tbl of flax seed. I did buy some shot glasses for sipping kefir. The thrift shop closed at 3, so I sat outside and went barefoot on the ground while reading a book. 50 minutes later Ella was leaving and offered me a ride to my gate. Perfect timing. At the apt, Michele was watching "Running Man" on DVD, so I sat to watch too. I had just retired to the computer when Chris came home. He put supper in the oven to cook and I read through more e-mail and looked up more articles on fermentation, tofu, mod 8 fractals, etc. Then Michele's friend from Finland came over. Now I can say I have met someone with bright pink hair. She had supper with us and stayed to chat with Michele. I went back to the computer room for awhile, coming out to have some fruit shared with the others. There were some fruit pieces left so I cut one up and put it in the kefir. I added stuff to the breadmaker for another loaf. I was back on the computer when Chris and Michele headed off to bed. I added a counter to my blog page so check it out to the left.

No comments: