Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Finally got some nature time

So last time I posted was just after getting back from going to work with Chris. I then read e-mail and saw a video about grounding technology. After all, we can't spend the entire day outside and barefoot. Especially not in the winter. The video suggested buying a grounding mat that plugs into the ground of an electrical outlet. $60. Hmmm. So I looked around on the net and you can get an anti-static mat that plugs into the ground of an outlet. Same thing? Not sure. The guy used a voltmeter to show the difference. So I am going to order one of those.
I realized then that I was going to be late for the thrift shop. So I took a quick sponge bath, readied an order for kefir grains to go in the mail, and took off. I used Chris' car to drive to the thrift shop. The pile of books was as great as ever. And Geri asked me to drive her to the commissary to get a mop for the cleaning lady, so that took some of my time. I stayed until after 2:30, when I realized that the bank closes at 3 and I had two checks to deposit. So I drove over there and did that, then over to the post office to mail the order. Having finished my errands I drove to Chris' office to return the car. Now the grass in back was dry so I sat back there barefoot in the shade of the building and read a book. I was only going to be there for an hour, but I started after three, and so it seemed too close to quitting time for him to run me home and come back. I also took some time to weed the tomato plants. There is another tomato plot back there and the man who owns it gave me one of his tomatoes. He was apologetic because of a spot on it, but I was thrilled to have so fresh a tomato and I ate it right there. Eating local produce and going barefoot are supposed to ground one to the new time zone, canceling the effects of jet lag. Let's hope it works.
At 5 we drove home, parking inside the gate so Chris and Michele could go to a movie after supper. I could have gone too, but wanted to finish deciding what to order and from which company. They returned about 9. I had just completed my order and been told that they don't have shipping options to APO's. Groan! But I'd had enough and was really tired so I went to bed.
I got up with Chris in the morning, and made him a sandwich, and gave him a letter to put in the mail. folded his clothes and mine, throwing Michele's back inot the basket. I went back to e-mail. I watched a video from THE QUILT SHOW on piecing circles and curves. I cleaned my sprout bag and started a new batch, this time adding some chia and flax seeds to the mix. Now I really need to clean because this place is a mess. Michele signed up for her classes on-line this morning and showed me her schedule. I have never seen such an uneven schedule. When I went to college, classes were MWF, or TR, at the same time each day. Hers are scattered, different times on different days, an hour on Monday, two on Thursday, three on Friday. Why it is hardly worth her time to go in on Wednesday because she only had one class.

No comments: