Saturday, August 14, 2010

New adventures on the subway

When I posted yesterday, I had already spent 3 hours clearing out e-mail. I am getting quite close to getting it done. I tried to go back to bed, but sleeping wasn't an option, so I decided to continue reading the book that put me to sleep. This time it didn't work. But it kept me busy till 10, when I got up and had breakfast. Chris and Michele were playing a game with other people on-line. By noon they were finished. I wanted to go to the street market to get organic kimchi, so we drove to gate 17, walked to the market, got the kimchi and some tomatoes, and walked back. We put the items in our car, then walked back out the gate to the nearest subway and took a train to Geumjeong. But somewhere in the middle the train stopped and everybody got off, so we did too. I learned my lesson about that. We just waited on the platform for the next train. At one stop, the lights on that train went out for a few seconds, then came back on. Chris joked that they must be running it on Microsoft. At Geumjeong, we caught another train for Osan. It was not until we got off at the Osan station that I remembered that the stop that puts us where we want to be in Osan is called Songtan, two stops down. Chris called his coworker to confirm. So we waited for the next train. When we got there, Chris' coworker and his son were waiting for us to take us to the base there. Actually we got out right outside of base because the tailor shop was there. Chris is having 2 suits made and needed a fitting. After the fitting, we stopped at a Thai restaurant. This is when I discovered that the new organic tampons don't last as long as my usual ones. Fortunately I had a usual one with me. It took us almost two hours by train to get to Songtan because of all the waiting. But on the way back, we made it in under an hour and a half. At our one train change, the next train had just stopped and we hopped on. We could have taken a bus, but it was a lot cheaper by train. We went home from Gate 17. I put the tomatoes away, but was too tired to put the kimchi in glass jars. I sat down to watch a movie (Hudson Hawk) and started to fall asleep. After the movie, I went to bed, around 9. But then I awoke at 4. I rinsed my seed sprouts (just a few more days 'till they're ready) and looked out the window. I had seen flashes of light and thought about lightning. It has been raining a lot. But all I saw were people packing their cars and leaving. I decided to post. Guess I'd better get to that kimchi now.

No comments: