Sunday, August 1, 2010

Now in Pennsylvania

After supper I wanted to get a picture of my kite flying. It was my last chance. Becca came to the beach with me to take the picture. But the wind died out at that moment. So I had to run, and the kite didn't go high, but we got the pic. We noticed then that the water seemed clear of jellyfish, so we ran back to get our suits. However, it turned out to be a false alarm. The jellyfish that were tumbling in the surf became jellyfish soup. Chris came down to the beach and we took a walk north as the sun set. It was romantic until I realized that in the dark I could not avoid stepping on jellyfish. So we came back more quickly than we went. After that romantic walk, we went to bed early, setting the alarm for 5am for one last walk. But when the alarm went off, it was still dark out and we went back to sleep. Because Chris started snoring, I went out to the livingroom couch. Cecily got up at 7 to finish packing and clean the house. So I got up, had breakfast and a shower, and packed all my stuff. Then we all cleaned, vacuumed, packed the cars, and packed or threw out food. I had three hard-boiled eggs left and put them in my purse. We got on the road early and threaded our way through beach traffic. Two hours later we stopped at Burger King. I had a salad and one of the hard=boiled eggs. It was cold in there so I sat in the car while Chris filled up the tank. By then the others were ready and we proceeded to my in-laws house. We unpacked the cars, and then re=packed them. I talked to their neighbor for awhile, and then we got on the road for Pennsylvania. There was traffic going to DC, and the GPS took us on some goofy route through Washington. But we made good time after that. In fact, 5 minutes before we reached the exit for our hotel, we realized that we were driving behind my parents station wagon! So we followed them to their hotel. I jumped out to talk to them while Chris and Michele went to our hotel to check in. When he got back, we all decided to meet at McDonalds for soft serve ice cream. Then we retired to our respective hotels, where we discovered that we do have wi-fi, even though the website promised only dial-up. Now it's after 10 and time to go to bed.
*Michele liked this sunflower growing at the welcome center in PA*

No comments: