Friday, November 5, 2010

All day at AnC

Woke up all too early, went back to sleep for an hour, and got up at 8. I had the usual breakfast and e-mail, then drove to the AnC center to help Cathy work on the star quilt. I forgot to take a pic, but will have another chance later. She brought a black batting for it which was interesting. I brought a few pieces of VB fabric to cut while waiting. Did not get that much done. We quilting the stars with a variegated thread with a cloud motif. When we finished that, I had a small quilt top to work on. She helped me do it with custom borders and blocks. I used a variegated thread also, but you can't tell. We finished around 5:30. I was so faint from hunger and fatigue that I didn't feel safe driving home. So I drove us to her apt and she fed me. We spent an hour looking at quilting patterns online to see what we might want to buy for the group. It was after 8 when I left, feeling much better. My gate was closed, so I drove all the way to the apt. Michele was home by then. And the onion soup which I started yesterday was finally finished. Michele refused to eat once she heard that there in liver in it. So I had a bowl, and put the rest up in the fridge. Then I read e-mail, finally got the right number for my friend's husband, so I called him and arranged a meeting for tomorrow. Don't tell Chris! Actually I am just going to pass him a bag of tassels through the gate.
Off to bed now, or rather as soon as I have completed all the pre-bedtime chores.

No comments: