Friday, November 12, 2010

Sewing progress

After going to bed early last night, I woke up at 4am. I don't like being awake in the middle of the night. It is depressing. Also, my routine is to do a few minutes of aerobics and then have breakfast. What kind of aerobics can you do in an apartment at 4am without disturbing the neighbors? So I got on my computer. Seemed like a quiet activity. I read that one doctor believes that coconut oil alone may reverse the effects of Alzheimer's disease. When the dawn came, I did do some exercises and had breakfast. I talked to Chris via Skype, and later, to my brother. He is having trouble making ends meet, and they are pretty far apart. I got off the computer then, and found my extra phone battery and the tablecloth. I did a few sewing-type projects, too. I put a binding on the Nadelstern wallhanging, and stitched some selvage edges together to crochet into a rug. Finally I spent hours on my star. I had a purple and black border on it, but the quilt group took that star, and gave me back the one I turned in. So I was going to do the same thing to this one, but with a little tapping came up with a new idea. Do you like it? The black is not sewn on, just being auditioned.
I heard Michele in the kitchen banging a bag of frozen broccoli. I asked her if she was abusing vegetables. She said "Yes, what are you going to do about it?" I promised to report her to the SPCV - Society for the prevention of cruelty to vegetables. Anyone know where I can find them?

No comments: