Saturday, November 27, 2010

I get the point (s)

The alarm went off at 8. I got up soon after, had breakfast and a shower. Only a few moments for e-mail, and then I headed out into the rain. I wore my warmest coat and jogging shoes. That might have been a mistake because the sidewalks were full of slush and those shoes are slippery. I walked up to Ichon and caught the subway to Sookmyung. From there I walked to the building where the WFWP Coffee morning was held. I think that stands for Women's Federation for World Peace. I was supposed to meet Helen there, but she was running late. So I went up by myself. Robin was there to greet me, and Nancy too. The meeting started late, but was interesting. The speaker showed us the points on our hands that correspond to areas of our bodies. She also passed out acupuncture pens. One end is a pen, but the other end you use to stimulate the acupuncture points. She had handouts, too. Afterwards, we had sandwiches and pie. While we were eating, the speaker met with each of the class participants and put stickers on their hands. These stickers have a tiny needle in the center. They did not hurt, but after a while began to itch. We also did two dances, which apparently happen regularly. Helen had asked me to go bikeriding after the session, but she didn't feel up to it. So Nancy went with me. It took us a while to find the bike rental place, and there it was so windy that the man cautioned us about the difficulty involved in riding. So we decided to walk. We walked to the Banpo bridge, and then I invited her to our apartment because we were so close. She agreed. So we came home, and I showed her around the apartment. She is Korean and teaches English, but her English is spotty. She remarked that she was thinking how we could live like this, but couldn't explain what exactly she meant. Later Romaric and his mother came over for supper. I asked Nancy to stay, and we all ate what Chris cooked: roast pork, white potatoes, sweet potatoes, white rice, brown rice, peas, cranberry sauce, and pecan pie. The conversation around the table consisted of Korean, English, French and Spanish. Romaric's mother is French, but speaks some English. Around 10 She and Nancy headed for the subway. Romaric stayed a little longer, until Chris got tired and threw him out. Nicely, of course.

No comments: