Friday, November 26, 2010

Day after Thanksgiving

I slept in again. But I was up in time for the Skype call from my parents and in-laws after their Thanksgiving meal. It was good to see and hear them. Then I had breakfast and called Melanie who wanted to work on the longarm. Friday is one of our days to use it. My car was parked at DHL so I walked to the AnC center. There I discovered that Ms. Kim was using the longarm. So I called Melanie and we rescheduled for Sunday afternoon. I then planned to go to Dongdaemun to get a hook and eye and some tassels for a friend in the states. But I just couldn't get up the energy to go. I stopped by Moyer Rec to get some travel brochures, and then to the PX to look for hooks and eyes. But no luck. Finally I came home. I found 2 hookandeye pairs in a bag of old oddsnends they gave me at the thrift shop. SO I finished my sparkly top, sewed magnetic clips to my purse (so the keys won't fall out), reinforced two buttons on Chris' suit pants, and put elastic around my head scarf to keep the wind out. When Michele came home from college we expected to hear another long and exciting saga about her adventures cooking Thanksgiving dinner for 100 Yonsei students (like last year). But the staff bought everything already cooked this year, so it was just too easy. AFter that I read my e-mail. A study was done comparing two groups who both exercised the same amount, but one group watched one hour of TV a day and the other group watched 3 hours of TV a day. The one hour a day group had a lower BMI. More TV watching is also associated with higher blood pressure and higher rates of obesity.

No comments: