Monday, November 1, 2010

Final preparation

I set the alarm for 6 and woke up just before it went off. I had to start the applejuice in the crock pot and get the food ready. Michele helped wash vegetables and a pear. She also arranged the fruit and cheese tray. I found a recipe online for a warm spiced apple beverage. It called for freshly squeezed orange and lemon juice, as well as cinnamon and other spices. It was so good that even Michele who was adamant about not liking apple juice really like it. I also found a recipe for a dip. It said to mix salsa into a container of sour cream. That was also very good. I took some recyclables out with me when I went to get the ladies and lead them to my place. I did not get everything in order, but it was close enough. Five ladies came. The apple beverage was a big hit. They brought projects to show off, and I showed them my sewing room and stash. I had hidden my Eric Carle dots two weeks ago so they wouldn't find it. But one lady came late, and somehow she knew I had some, and she begged me to sell her a yard. So I did, but made her promise not to tell anyone where she got it. I put out charm squares for those who wanted some, and magazines to read. We had a good time, and they stayed until 1:30. Then I had to go to post to sign Julia in. I took her to the bank where she could get a cashier's check. Then to the shoppette for stamps. After mailing her check, we stopped by Chris' office to get mail, then went to my apt. She had some of the mornings leftovers, and showed me how to delete and load to the mp3 player she gave me. Then we walked back to gate 17 the long way. I signed her off post, and she took the subway home. I walked back. Michele wasn't home yet (college), so I sat at my computer with the leftover bowl of trail mix. I read through my e-mail, until she came home. She started watching the rest of the Bonanza episodes, and I got sucked in. Then it was bed time. I did a little picking up, got to Skype Chris briefly before his class started, and now am looking forward to going to bed.

No comments: