Saturday, November 20, 2010

Quilting

The alarm woke me up at 8. I went to bed so late that I did not feel that I had a whole night's sleep. But I dragged myself out of bed, had a shower and breakfast, skimmed my e-mail and headed for post. I drove in and was pleasantly surprised to find that traffic was light. I arrived at the AnC center right at 10. Helle was waiting for me. The first quilt top she had was only for basting because she intended to hand quilt it. It was hand-pieced. And it was good practice for the second top. That one was also hand-pieced. She was easy to please, and chose a stipple pattern. It went quickly, even though I didn't remember how to set it up. But I got it done. Afterwards, we parked at the DHL and went to the SAHS bazaar. The fabric man was there, and I bought 30 packs. He wasn't handing out freebies:( Helle guarded my stash while I drove the car around. She loaded the fabric in, and then took her stuff and walked to gate 10. I am not sure where she goes from there, maybe takes a taxi or a bus? I went home, intending to prepare and wash all that fabric, but ended up in front of my computer checking e-mail and listening to audios that are only up for 48 hours. Around 7 I decided I had time for a nap before bed. But it lasted too long, and seemed like it was better to just tuck in for the night than to get up bleary-eyed to post to this blog. But I just couldn't sleep right without it, so here I am, posting.

No comments: