Saturday, November 13, 2010

Think I'll stand for awhile

Got up this morning feeling really rested. The only thing I did differently was that I DID NOT listen to my nightly hypnotic tape that gives suggestions for a good night's rest at the end. A fluke? I wonder.
I had breakfast with my computer. Saw a video about Gerson Therapy. Apparently he has cured many serious diseases with dietary changes and a coffee enema.
After that I needed a break. My colorful quilt top was lying on the floor in my sewing room and I decided it needed borders, but not the black ones. I found a fabric with bright colorful dolphins and used that instead. Michele was online playing with the voices, one of which was her Dad's. At 1:30 I took my new bike out for a ride. I planned to meet Helen at 2 at the bike rental place. Well, imagine my surprise when I jumped on the bike and discovered my knees were up to my chest when I tried to pedal. I was able to raise the seat without any tools. I walked the bike to the riverwalk, and then tried to ride it again. It was very difficult. I wished I had brought the other bike. Halfway, I stopped to add air to the tires and raise the seat some more. That helped, but then I discovered how hard the seat was. When I got to the rental place, I added more air, up to 50 PSI, and raised the seat again. But then the handlebars were low and raising them takes a tool. When Helen arrived, she showed me how to change gears and pointed out that they needed adjusting. She thinks the bike is too small for me. Anyway, she rented a bike and we headed west. We stopped at each exercise station along the river to try out the odd-looking equipment. Also to rest my aching bum. I put my gloves in my camera bag and tied it to the seat. That helped just a touch. Then Helen suggested that I add to that the face and neck shield she gave me. That helped a little more. Finally we turned around and went back. She turned in her bike and we headed for the main street. She met some friends who are PCSing back to the states tomorrow. Then we went into Ichon and I bought kimchi. The price went back down, so I got 2 kilos. Then we picked a little restaurant for supper. I don't know what we got, but with all the side dishes, it was a good meal. The owner locked up my bike for me while we ate. Then Helen took the subway home, and I rode home very gingerly. I may not sit comfortably for a week. Good thing there are padded seats in church.

No comments: