Sunday, November 14, 2010

Keyless at church

I got up around 8 and got ready in time to drop off the recyclables before going to church. One of my greatest fears in life is not knowing what to do. And in church I take all my cues for when to stand, sit, or kneel from Chris. But he hasn't been there for awhile. So I suffered through another session of trying to figure out what everyone else was doing even though they were behind me. Some of it is written in the book, but not everything.
After church, I talked to Linda for awhile, and then to the dentist (we differ on how safe it is to have mercury in fillings). Then I went to my car intending to go to the PX. But I hadn't any keys. I assumed that they were in the sanctuary, so I waited for that service to finish, and checked there. But no keys. Turns out they were under the seat in my car. One of the church office guys drove me to the fire station to get a slim jim. He worked with it for almost an hour and then got a coat hanger. Just as I suggested that we should give up and let it go, the door popped open. By then I was cold and gave up the idea of going to the PX, so I just returned the slimjim, and made the usual trip to the commissary. No coconuts, no cardamom, or organic butter. They had organic butter last week. BUT, they DID have the special cinnamon I have been looking for:) Michele carried the groceries up to the apt and put them away while I parked the car. I had a late lunch (kimchi and bison) and got on my computer. I found myself listening to Brian Johnson on a Philosophersnotes video (look it up on Youtube). He regularly reads good books in the self-improvement category, and summarizes the top 5 or 10 ideas in a 10 minute video. Very interesting videos.

No comments: