Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chicken Pox

I awoke to the sounds of Michele getting ready for college. I wasn't hungry, so I just headed for the computer. One of the articles I read was about how the chicken pox vaccine is not as good as the immunity you get from having chicken pox as a child, and as a result, many who were innoculated, are now getting shingles. Also, if you have had chicken pox and you are exposed to a child recovering from chicken pox, your immune system gets a boost. Fewer kids getting chicken pox means everyone is more at risk for getting shingles.
Then I had breakfast and called our realestate agent about a paper left on our car indicating that we needed some sort of parking sticker. She promised to call back later. Then I headed out to the thrift shop with a Korean DVD player that someone gave me. The gate guard showed interest, so I gave it to him. I got there at 11 and intended to work until 2, but Mrs. Chung decided to close at 1. I did not get finished with the books, or videos. I was going to run by Chris' office, but forgot all the paperwork I was going to bring. So I went home to wait for the agent to call. I needed to go to the big D for tassels for a friend, but needed to be home when she called. I finally took a nap and she still hadn't called. The guard came by with a paper to sign. I had to tell him I didn't understand. Then he got the lady next door to explain that it was a petition to change apt managers every two years instead of 5. Sure, whatever. So I asked her about the parking sticker, and she offered to go to the management office with me on Thursday. Then I did some picking up and washed dishes, all to keep this place as clean as it was when the ladies came over. I REALLY like it this way:)
Michele came home at 7:30. I was in my sewing room working on a Vera Bradley quilt top. I have been itching to get to it, and finally did, but Michele started another Bonanza DVD and I got sucked in again:( She stopped it at 10:30 and I tried to Skype Chris but he didn't answer.
* Here is another show-and-tell from yesterday *

No comments: