Thursday, November 18, 2010

Christmas crackers

There was a layer of fine snow on the ground this morning. So I wore my warmest pants and socks. Like yesterday, it warmed up and I was too hot. I drove to the thrift shop about 10:30. Traffic was quite reasonable. Parking was plentiful. So were the books. But, by the time I left, I had shelved all of them, plus the DVD's, videos, and Cd's. I also had time to straighten up the shelves. My student's parents finally got in touch with me to tell me she couldn't make her lesson, so I left. I walked home over the pedestrian bridge, leaving my car on post so I would have it later. I had lunch and read through my e-mail. I read that sitting for more than 30 minutes at a stretch signals the brain to start storing fat. So I got up. I decided to unpack my new light and plug it into the outlet near my sewing machine. The directions say it is not to be used with a transformer, but what else can I do? I sat with it on, while separating some selvage edges from a bag. Then it was time for class. I drove over there and set up. A new lady came with her three daughters. Hurray for the next generation. They seemed to enjoy their project, which was a Christmas cracker. Sue showed Shirley and me the pressure point for curing a headache. She also told us about an acupuncturist that only charges $15 for a session. The session includes acupuncture and cupping, and a massage. When she described cupping, I decided I could do without that part.

No comments: