Monday, November 8, 2010

Star Quilt

I awoke before the alarm went off. Seems like I had plenty of time to get ready, but with checking e-mail during breakfast, all too soon it was time to leave. I grabbed my jar of onion soup and two packages of cheese from the fridge and was preparing to leave when Cathy called and asked for a ride. So when I picked up my car, I put all my stuff in the trunk (can't open the back doors) so Cathy would have a place to sit. I picked her up in front of her apt bldg, and we stopped at ACS on the way to SPC to drop off the October minutes. A few ladies were already there as I walked in. Soon I was busy answering questions and setting up. We had a good crowd today. Cathy and I worked hard to keep everyone busy. She brought the star quilt so I got a pic of it. Helle finished the binding. We only worked on baby quilts and we got a lot accomplished. Only finished two, but Kennedy took a pile home to tie so they will all be ready next week. And the ladies cut enough fabric to make 16+ kits. So we are set (except that we are out of batting). After lunch we did a little more work, and then packed up. I forgot to get my food so I guess the cheese and onion soup are still in the room. Maybe tomorrow I will have time to check. I drove Kennedy home, and then went to gate 17. I planned to go to Dongdaemun to get backing fabric for the purple quilt top, but change my mind inside the station. Intuition was telling me I didn't have to go, and it would be ok. Even though I didn't feel like going to Dongdaemun, I figured now was the best time to go since the G20 was going to disrupt everything. But instead I went home. I read through my e-mail, heard from a friend I haven't heard from in a long time. I had hoped to get into my sewing room, but it didn't happen. I defrosted some bison, and cooked it in a fry pan. Michele came home as I was adding radishes, tomatoes, broccoli, and frozen peppers (green, red, and yellow). She was upset that I wasn't cooking the way her father does. I told her I don't know how her father cooks because I don't watch him. She told me that I had better learn because she wasn't always going to be around to help him. That made me laugh. She put on "Terminator 2" and we watched that, and then I wanted to watch "Final Cut" with Robin Williams. It was ok, but definitely not a feel-good movie. Now I am reading my latest e-mails and going to bed. Tomorrow is the luncheon and I don't want to be late for buying fabric.
After I ate a plate of it, she had some too and seemed to find it acceptable.

No comments: