Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Going to Dongdaemun and beyond!

I intended to get some cleaning done before leaving the apartment, but somehow never got around to it. I did pick up all the fabric I left lying around from yesterday because it was still damp. I left just before 11:30 going to the SPC to pick up Cathy. I was running late, but so was she. We were supposed to meet Sue and Judy at Dongdaemun at noon, but did not make that because Cathy had to stop for cash and then we waited for another lady who wanted to come along. Her name was Sue, too. So we had two Sue's. We parked at gate 19 and took the subway there. It was not so bad, we even got seats! Dongdaemun was crowded however. We bought fabric on the 5th floor, as well as lace and ribbon. Others looked at thread, and we bought yarn in the basement. Then three of us walked past the engineers complex to the baking section of town. We looked at candy-making supplies, party stuff, all kinds of bags and wrappings, baking stuff, cosmetic and soap supplies, etc. We got some bags for wrapping baby quilts, and Cathy got cute cupcake papers. Lucky for us, she knew a lady working at the engineers complex so after having a bite to eat, this lady gave us a ride home. Good thing too, because I had bought quite a load of fabric (mostly not for me). It was 4 when we got back to post, and there was a line out the gate. Apparently everyone got the 59 minute rule. I drove to the lot and walked my fabric home. Then I started in on e-mail. Today I learned that every hour you sleep before midnight is worth 2 hours after midnight. Michele came home from college close to 8, and cooked the supper she was going to make last night. Jobchai and sausages. It was good. After supper I took a nap to get in some hours before midnight, but had to get up to write my blog. Can't disappoint my public.
* Here is a hospital patient going out for lunch. There is no hospital food. *
* The leaves have just turned, almost overnight. Beautiful! *

No comments: