Sunday, November 7, 2010

Which blocks do you like?

I went to church this morning. The sermon was about marriage and end times. After church we had refreshments. Today's host brought slices of vegetable pizza. So good. I had a piece even though it had bread in it. I learned from Gene's wife that Korean women who marry American men often have trouble in their marriage. And it is usually the man who wants to stay in Korea. Such women face devaluation in Korean society.
After the social hour I went to the commissary. I only had two things on my list so I toyed with the idea of leaving my car on post and walking home. But when I came out of the commissary, I had at least six bags. So I drove back, left the groceries with Michele, parked the car on post, and THEN walked home. It was a nice temperature for walking, but the air was very hazy. I wasn't so sure I should be breathing it.
At the apt, I cut up a fresh pineapple for Michele and I, I read through my e-mail, watched a few video links, and then made myself go sew. I top-stitched my placemat, and made some Vera B. blocks. Not sure which ones to go with. Some don't have enough contrast. I also put up a valance in my bedroom to keep out the light above the curtain. I have been meaning to do that for weeks and only think of it when I go to bed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AL likes the upper left corner best, blue on green.

Fern said...

Thanks AL. It is one of my favorites too.