Thursday, December 30, 2010

Frosty, the Korean snowman

I woke at 6:15 to hear my phone ringing. Finally I got up to answer it, but it just stopped. I tried calling the number back, but it was busy. I went back to bed. I figured it was someone from the thrift shop saying they weren't open because of the snow we expected to get last night. I think it was nine when I got up. I called the number again, and it was someone telling Chris that post was opening 2 hours late. But he was taking the day off, so it didn't matter. I called the thrift shop, and they were open for staff. So, after breakfast and some e-mail, I went out. Chris went with me, probably to make sure I did not slip again, and to drive me through the snow to the thrift shop. There were a lot of books to be shelved, and in the 2.75 hours they let me work, I was not able to get them all out. That's ok, though, because the shelves are full. The next day the thrift shop will be open is Monday, and hopefully a lot of books will sell.
I called Chris to get me when the manager closed up the shop. He drove me to the commissary 'cause I had to use the restroom, and we picked up a few things. We went home, had lunch and a big discussion about the proper way to walk on ice: big steps or little steps? Then, with Michele, we went back to post to see "Despicable Me" at the theater. We stopped again at the commissary and bought everything on the list. Chris dropped us at the front entrance and then parked the car. Michele and I carried the groceries up and put them away. Chris baked pizzas for them both. I asked for kelp. So he boiled it and added some lemon juice, spices and quinoa. While they ate pizza, I ate kelp soup. It was ok, but the pizza looked better. We also had mandarin oranges, and some chocolate. I put my diet aside long enough to have a slice of chocolate orange with Dutch peanut butter on it. We watched V for Vendetta, which Michele got for Christmas. Then I finished the quilt backing for the Christmas top, and cut flannel blocks for another green and burgundy throw I have been wanting to do for awhile now. Just something comfy to have on the couch.

No comments: