Saturday, December 4, 2010

Frustration!

We got up around 8. Chris jumped in the shower, while I prepared breakfast. I ate it in front of the computer, going through the latest e-mails. I finished the last bit on the purse from yesterday, then I jumped in the shower, dressed, and headed for post.
Lili wasn't there and I hadn't been able to get her on the phone last night or this morning. So I thought she might have changed her mind and I would have the day free after all. But she did arrive, 25 minutes late. She agreed to use the stipple design in her quilt so it would be fast and easy. But the machine was not cooperating. Tension was inconsistant. It was impossible to get it right. The thread kept breaking. I think that either the bobbin or the bobbin case was bent. The borders were wavy. What should have taken 3 hours took 5 hours. I tried to put the binding on while her quilt was still in the frame, but the thread shredded so many times, that she gave up. That was fine with me since I was tired and hungry. But then Maryann stopped by to pick up her purse. She loves to talk to me, so she did. And she wants another purse. Finally I had to beg her to let me go. On the way back, traffic was backed up. So it took awhile. But then I was home. Chris and Michele were on their computers. Chris wasn't feeling well, so he canceled all his activities. Michele had to run out to finish a class project, but she was back before dark. I finally got a chance to iron all the fabric I bought at the warehouse. Still have to find a way to get it in the fabric closet, though. Now I want to take a nap, then get back up to work on the purse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My God, Fern. You sure have a full plate. I have taught people to do many good things through meditation, including getting relief from tension headaches and fighting depression. Once you make contact with your "higher self" it's amazing what you can accomplish.