Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Seoul International Quilt Festival

I did stay up last night. I wrote checks to all the charities we support, and I made Chris' sandwich. I went to bed around 1. When I heard Chris get up in the morning I mumbled "Your sandwich is in the fridge" and went back to sleep. I set the alarm for 8 so I wouldn't sleep too late. I got up then, had breakfast, e-mail, etc. Then left for the thrift shop. I got there about 10:30. I think I got all the books shelved. I was working on DVD's when it was time to leave. I met the other ladies at gate 17 at 12:30. We waited for a fifth person, but she didn't show up. So we boarded the subway for Sadang, met Helle there, then changed to the green line to Samseong. We passed a station labeled Seollung. That sounds like a condition you get from breathing the air in Seoul. Ha, ha. ANYWAY, we found our way from the station to the exhibition hall, passing multitudinous stores along the way. The place was not crowded even though it was the first of it's three days. There was a sign proclaiming 'no photos' but lots of people did. Some people even TOUCHED the quilts with their bare hands! Shocking. There were books for sale with pictures of all the quilts. The current one was $20, but books from previous years were less. I bought the 2008 book for $5. However, the pictures mean so much more IF you have seen the quilt in person. The details close up really make the experience. We visited the vendor section. Mr. Kim the Pfaff man was there and he gave each of us a package of machine needles. I wanted to buy something from him, but he didn't have anything I could use that I didn't already have. I am rather blessed in that way. It was after 4 when we left. Helle stayed. We walked around the mall for awhile. Then Cathy and Mary left. Ruth and I ate at an Italian restaurant called 'Mix and Bake'. When we left around 6, we were in a rush hour. There was a sea of people in the subway station. I had never seen so many people as when we changed trains at Sadang. It was wall-to-wall people from one platform to the other. But when the train arrived, it was empty so we had no trouble boarding. I got off at Ichon and drove to my gate just in time to get through before the gate closed. Michele and Chris had had supper, but there was some chili left on the stove. I had some of it and put the rest away. Then I got on my computer and listened to a long audio about how your future creates your present experience. While listening I crocheted most of the 'yarn' I created last night. My rug is growing. Now that my blog is written I just have to decide which picture to use.
* This is a puzzle quilt. The blocks are moveable. They snap into place. *

No comments: