Thursday, December 2, 2010

The lights come on

I got up with Chris to make his sandwich, and then sat in my sewing room with my HappyLight to read. I read about a script that you read to yourself, putting your current problem in the blank that helps you release negative emotions from your childhood. Then I laid down for about half an hour until the alarm went off at 8. I was in the midst of preparing breakfast when Chris called. He wanted to give me his car before he went into a long meeting, but I talked him into jumping mine. That meant I had to dress quickly and get to post. It took awhile for my car to gather enough energy from his to turn the engine. Then he went to work while I drove my car around post for 30 minutes. Not so easy to do on a small post. Then I went back home to have breakfast and read e-mail. I made it to the thrift shop around 11, and found boxes of CD's and DVD's waiting to be processed. I did as much as I could by 2:30. Maryann stopped by to give me all of her fabric. It isn't much compared to mine, but she didn't think she would sew again while in Korea. Very sad. Then I went outside to meet my student. But she didn't show. I called her father and he couldn't get a hold of her either. Turns out that she went to the after-school program where they make kids turn off their phones. So he said the lesson was canceled but that she would have to pay me for my time since she forgot to show up.
I went home to get ready for class. I also boiled eggs, and started preparing Wednesday's fabric to be washed. Julia called to meet for an exchange. So I drove over to gate 17 and walked to the Ichon station. I brought her a present from the SIWA bazaar. We made the exchange and talked for awhile. She wasn't feeling well, so she went home. I had everything I needed for class, so I headed to the SPC. I had a long wait at the light because of the tree-lighting ceremony. The big red fire engine was decorated and waiting for Santa. So we all waited. Finally it moved, and traffic was allowed to pass. At the SPC, I set out all my rulers and their prices. Then set up for class. I started working on the class project, but my work was all for naught because I didn't check the tension, and it was very bad on the bottom. Students arrived late. I tried to explain the process. But it was Cathy who, by cutting and sewing fast, showed them how to do the project. I thought cutting and sewing 8 strips together would be very doable in 2 hours. But only Cathy got that far. I did sell a few rulers, and Cathy had rotary blades for sale. She got a great deal at $2 a blade. The ladies made their monthly contribution to the general fund, and then we packed up and left. I drove through post, taking pictures of the holiday lights. I parked in the garage and carried fabric upstairs. I had some turkey and an egg. Then I got on my computer, just like Chris and Michele. There were a couple of interviews to listen to, and listening to them made me late posting to my blog. The most interesting one was on what the state of your living space says about you, and how to improve it.

No comments: