Monday, December 6, 2010

Quilt Christmas Party

After making the sandwich, I was tempted to go back to bed. I may have, but not for long. I read in my sewing room next to my HappyLight. I think it is working for me since I am feeling better. Chris felt better too, enough to go to work today. Michele did not, she stayed home from college. I suggested she put hydrogen peroxide in her ears. Eventually I ate breakfast, showered and dressed. I quickly wrote the minutes for Nov. I grabbed some cheese from the fridge, fabric, a quilt top, and headed out. I got there around 9:30. Judy came soon after. It was just the two of us for awhile and there was some question as to whether anyone else was coming. But Mary came, and Helle, and Toni. Cathy stopped by, too. I got her to sign the minutes. We discussed how much batting to buy. Our group finished 5 baby quilts and 2 QOV tops today. Not bad! And Helle took home 2 baby quilt kits to work on. It was after 2:30 when we left. I stopped by ACS to submit the minutes, then went home. I started working on another bag, and also finished the top of the tablerunner to show for class on Thursday. I ate intermittently so I wouldn't be hungry at the party. At 6:20 I started walking. I walked to the Seobinngo subway station and through it to the apartment complex on the other side. I had a little trouble finding building 8 (there were at least 15 of them). But at least I was warm, dressed like an Eskimo. When I found the building, I got a call from the others who couldn't get a taxi and decided to drive but were lost. My phone chose that moment to die. When I got to Lili's apt, she plugged in my phone. She was able to give them directions, and they were not far away. Lili has a wonderful, large apartment. I am kinda jealous. We all brought food and fat quarters. After eating and talking, we played that game where one person takes a fat quarter and the next person can take it away or get another one from the basket. Since the fabric wasn't wrapped, we all got something we wanted and there was no stealing involved. Which is fine by me since I hate that anyway. Finally the party broke up. Several went home with Cathy. Two other ladies walked with me part way, and then caught a taxi while I proceeded home. BUT, sadly I had left my phone plugged in at Lili's place. So Chris walked back with me to get it. He got to see her extensive Christmas village display. We walked home, then, and both got on our computers. Soon he went to bed. But I stayed up to read about carbs. Carbs make your body produce more insulin. Insulin is a major accelerant of the aging process. And you can extend your lifespan by reducing caloric intake (of carbs).

No comments: